Established in 1962, Audio-Technica is a worldwide group of companies devoted to the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of problem-solving audio equipment. Initially known for state-of-the-art phonograph cartridges, A-T now creates high-performance microphones, headphones, wireless systems, mixers and electronic products for home and professional use.
Winner of numerous industry awards, Audio-Technica manufactures products that set quality, durability and price/performance standards for live sound tours, broadcast and recording studios, corporate and government facilities, house-of-worship venues, and more. A-T microphones are chosen for critical government installations such as the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate. Audio-Technica microphones and wireless systems are also selected for major broadcast music events, including the GRAMMY® Awards and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies.
To see the complete Audio-Technica line, visit their website by clicking here.
System 10 Camera-Mount Wireless System for Broadcast Professionals
Operating in the 2.4 GHz range, System 10 Camera-Mount Wireless avoids TV and DTV interference, offering a dependable, high-fidelity wireless solution for videographers
The System 10 Camera-Mount Digital Wireless System, is a digital wireless system designed to provide rock-solid performance for ENG/EFP and a variety of other broadcast applications along with easy setup and clear, natural sound quality. Featuring a compact design, the system is available in handheld, lavalier and body-pack configurations. Operating in the 2.4 GHz range, far from TV and DTV interference, this system offers extremely easy operation and instantaneous channel selection. Up to eight channels may be used together without any frequency coordination problems or group selection issues.
System 10 Camera-Mount Digital Wireless System Features:
• Digital 24-bit/48 kHz wireless operation for ultimate sound quality
• Dependable performance
• Automatic frequency selection for seamless, interference-free operation
• Three levels of diversity assurance: frequency, time, & space
• 3.5 mm (1/8") output jack with switch to select between TRS balanced and unbalanced (dual mono)
• Features convenient rechargeable internal battery
• Receiver and transmitter battery level displays
• Removable antennas
• Camera shoe mount
• 1/8" headphone jack with volume control
The System 10 Camera-Mount Digital Wireless System is now available in the following configurations:
• ATW-1701 body-pack system: ATW-R1700 receiver, ATW-T1001 UniPak® body-pack transmitter. U.S. Street Price: $379.95
• ATW-1701/L lavalier system: ATW-R1700 receiver, ATW-T1001 UniPak body-pack transmitter, MT830cW omnidirectional condenser lavalier microphone. U.S. Street Price: $449.95
• ATW-1702 handheld system: ATW-R1700 receiver, ATW-T1002 unidirectional dynamic microphone/transmitter. U.S. Street Price: $399.95.
About System 10 Digital Wireless
A-T’s System 10 offers high-fidelity digital wireless for performing musicians and presenters. Operating in the 2.4 GHz range, far from TV and DTV interference, System 10 offers advanced 24-bit operation and amazingly clear sound. System 10 wireless ensures clear communications by providing three levels of diversity assurance: frequency, time, and space. Frequency Diversity sends the signal on two dynamically allocated frequencies for interference-free communication. Time Diversity sends the signal in multiple time slots to maximize immunity to multipath interference. Finally, Space Diversity uses two antennas on each transmitter and receiver to maximize signal integrity.
For more information on the System 10 click here.
AT8024 Camera-Mount Switchable Stereo/Mono Microphone
Designed for use with DLSR, camcorders, tablets and other video cameras, the AT8024 delivers dramatically higher quality audio than the camera’s internal microphone.
With independent line-cardioid and figure-of-eight elements, the AT8024 offers the flexibility of mono and mid-side stereo modes for high-resolution audio in any environment.
Delivering dramatically better sound quality than a camera’s built-in internal microphone, the versatile AT8024 is a fixed-charge condenser microphone designed for a wide variety of video applications. The AT8024 can work with either camcorder or DSLR, or non-traditional video devices such as tablets and mobile devices. With independent line-cardioid and figure-of-eight elements, the microphone offers mono and mid-side stereo modes, effectively offering the flexibility to let the user choose between two microphones. Two integral rubber shock mounts isolate the AT8024 from vibration and mechanical camera noise; the mic also comes with an integral shoe mount that fits nearly all cameras.
The microphone is powered by a single standard 1.5V AA battery, offering easy field replacement when necessary, while a red/green LED power indicator, located on the top of the unit, illuminates green when the microphone is sufficiently powered and red when battery power is low.
The AT8024 is equipped with a three-position input pad that allows it to handle anything from the quietest whisper to extremely loud sound sources without distortion. The microphone also features an 80 Hz high-pass filter switch that permits a choice of flat response or low- frequency roll-off to reduce the pickup of undesired ambient noise, room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations in difficult shooting environments.
The microphone is enclosed in a rugged housing and comes with a permanently attached 1.8 m (6') cable with a 3.5 mm (⅛") L-type stereo plug output. A clip on the shoe mount holds the cable, relieving tension and preventing vibration noise. A windscreen and fuzzy windscreen are also included.
U.S. Street Price: $249.00 For more information on the AT8024, click here.
BP40 Large-Diaphragm Dynamic Broadcast Microphone
New dynamic vocal microphone delivers clear and articulate vocal reproduction with rich, natural condenser-like sound for on-air broadcast, overdubs, podcasting and more.
a dynamic vocal microphone with rich, clear, natural condenser-like sound for a variety of applications including radio, overdubs, post-production, podcasting and more. The mic’s hypercardioid polar pattern provides isolation of the desired sound source, and maximum off-axis rejection when working in close production environments. Its optimized capsule placement helps maintain a commanding vocal presence even at a distance, while the multistage windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering. It also includes a switchable 100 Hz high-pass filter to provide even more pop protection.
The BP40’s large diameter diaphragm features patented floating-edge construction that maximizes diaphragm surface area and optimizes overall diaphragm performance, while the humbucking voice coil prevents electromagnetic interference (EMI) (e.g.,,from video monitors, AC power, etc.). The mic’s design, inspired by the visual representation of a waveform, features rugged, all-metal construction for dependable use in professional broadcast environments. The BP40 comes standard with the AT8483 mounting clamp, and for additional protection from noise, shock and vibration, the optional AT8484 shock mount is available separately.
• Element: Dynamic
• Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
• Frequency response: 50-16,000 Hz
• Low frequency roll-off: 100 Hz, 6 dB/octave
• Open circuit sensitivity: –48 dB (3.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
• Impedance: 450 ohms
• Switch: Flat, roll-off
• Weight: 632 g (22.3 oz.)
• Dimensions: 164.0 mm (6.45") long, 56.0 mm (2.20") diameter
• Output connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
• Accessories furnished: AT8483 mounting clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch
U.S. Street Price: BP40 $349.00 and optional shock mount $99.00. For more information on the BP40, click here.
AT2020USBi Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone
New iteration of A-T’s acclaimed AT2020USB features 24-bit/96 kHz recording, and compatibility with iOS, Windows and Mac OS
Combining high-resolution audio with increased connectivity options, the AT2020USBi cardioid condenser microphone adds a new level of sound-quality and convenience to Audio-Technica’s USB microphone line. Modeled after the critically acclaimed AT2020, this digital output mic features an A/D converter with a 24-bit/96 kHz sampling rate to deliver high-resolution articulation and intelligibility that’s perfect for home studio recording, field recording, podcasting and voiceover use.
The AT2020USBi brings high-resolution audio (24-bit/96 kHz) to A-T’s line of USB mics. The AT2020USBi works with both USB and Lightning cables (included), so users can employ it straight from the box to digitally capture audio on the device of their choice: PC, Mac or iOS. The integrated gain control adds to the convenience, allowing users to adjust the input level directly on the microphone.
• Condenser microphone with digital output for convenient, high-resolution recording
• High-quality A/D converter with 24-bit/96 kHz sampling rate for superb, high-resolution audio
• Mic gain control allows you to adjust input level on the mic itself
• Smooth, extended frequency response ideally suited for podcasting, home studio recording, field recording and voiceover use
• Compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS X and iOS
• Tripod desk stand with folding legs for secure and easily portable tabletop use
• Included USB and Lightning cables provide ready connectivity to computers and iOS devices
• Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
• Polar Pattern: Cardioid
• Frequency Response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
• Power Requirements: USB (5V DC); Lightning (3.3V DC)
• Bit Depth: 24 bit
• Sample Rate: Up to 96 kHz
• Controls: Mic gain control
• Weight: 13.2 oz (374 g)
• Dimensions: 6.38" (162.0 mm) long, 2.05" (52.0 mm) maximum body diameter
• Output Connector: Micro-HDMI
• Accessories Included: Pivoting stand mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch; tripod desk stand; 10' (3.1 m) USB cable; 10' (3.1 m) Lightning cable
U.S. Street Price: $199.00. For more information on the AT2020USBi, click here.